Assisted Living Worker
WHO WE ARE
Elim Village is a not-for-profit organization with two developing comprehensive Christian older adult communities located in Surrey and Chilliwack, B.C. Elim Village offers a unique opportunity to be a part of a working environment that embraces Christian principles and beliefs and pursues the highest standards in business and care operations. With our campus of care model, our approach is integrative and team oriented. Our core values emphasize the relationships we hold with residents, staff and stakeholders.
We are looking for dynamic and motivated Assisted Living Workers. This position will provide comprehensive personal care to our residents and will ensure their safety and wellbeing.
- Resident Care Attendant program or equivalent
- One year related experience preferred or an equivalent combination of training, education and experience acceptable to the facility
- Current registration with BC Care Aid and Community Health Worker Registry
- Current First Aid/ CPR
- Minimum Grade 10 Education.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Evidence of good physical and emotional health and the capacity to handle the demands of the job
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in written and oral English
- Ability to understand and follow directions well
- A genuine empathy towards the other person, ability to relate safely and meaningfully to them, and a desire to care for them
- Portray a high standard of personal hygiene and grooming
- Demonstrated ability to work harmoniously within the team concept.
- Per contact starting hourly rate is $22.38 per hour
- Elim Village is an equal opportunity employer. This position is subject to Union membership