WHO WE ARE
Elim Village is a developing comprehensive Christian seniors community located on 25 acres in Surrey, B.C. As a not-for-profit organization, Elim Village offers a unique opportunity to be a part of a working environment that embraces Christian principles and beliefs and pursues the highest standards in business and care operations. With our campus of care model, our approach is integrative and team oriented. Our core values emphasize the relationships we hold with residents, staff and stakeholders.
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated Pastor. The Pastor is a is a preacher, teacher, and leader, setting the direction of spiritual wellness within the community of Elim Village. Performed from a Christian faith perspective, the Pastoral team works together with other Elim teams to enrich the spiritual lives of residents. staff, and volunteers, fostering a strong sense of community and authenticity.
- Degree in Theology and a Masters of Divinity (equivalent)
- Education courses/training relevant to spiritual care, loss, and grief support; end of life (other)
- Training and/or experience working with older adults
- Sensitivity and ability to work with spiritual, religious and cultural diversity.
- Computer/ Technology Literate
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Comfortable leading and preaching at church services, bible studies, funerals, and memorial services
- Excellent active listening skills, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a collaborative team member
- Multicultural understanding and the ability to respect and facilitate support to the various spiritual paths, lifestyles, beliefs, and values of Elim’s residents and staff
- Able to generate rapport rapidly with a wide diversity of residents and those close to them
- Committed to personal, physical, spiritual, emotional, and intellectual well – being and development
- Comfortable initiating conversations with residents and families
- Strong understanding and compliance with the principles and practices of confidentiality
- Able to uphold ethical and professional standards and behave in a manner that upholds the values, standards of care and faith heritage of Elim Village
- Competitive compensation based on relevant qualifications and experience