Resident Care Aide
WHO WE ARE
Elim Village is a not-for-profit organization with two developing comprehensive Christian older adult communities located in Surrey and Chilliwack, B.C. Elim Village offers a unique opportunity to be a part of a working environment that embraces Christian principles and beliefs and pursues the highest standards in business and care operations. With our campus of care model, our approach is integrative and team oriented. Our core values emphasize the relationships we hold with residents, staff and stakeholders.
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated Resident Care Attendant. This position will provide comprehensive personal care to our residents and will ensure their safety and wellbeing.
- Resident care Attendant program or equivalent
- One year related experience prefeed or an equivalent combination of training, education and experience acceptable to the facility
- Current registration with BC Care Aid and Community Health Worker Registry
- Current first Ad / CPR
- Minimum grade 10 education
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Understands the culture and values of the residents we serve in our Assisted and Independent Living
- Ability to understand and follow directions well
- Skills and ability to utilize effective adapted communication techniques, social and interpersonal skills with residents, and staff to adequately meet the needs of the residents.
- A genuine empathy for older persons, ability to relate meaningfully with them, and a desire to effectively care for them including meeting their mental, physical, social, emotional, and spiritual needs.
- Demonstrated ability to work harmoniously within the team concept
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in written and oral English
- Per contact the starting hourly rate is $25.33
- Elim Village is an equal opportunity employer. This position is subject to Union membership