WHO WE ARE
Elim Village is a not-for-profit organization with two developing comprehensive Christian older adult’s communities located in Surrey and Chilliwack B.C. Elim Village offers a unique opportunity to be a part of a working environment that embraces Christian principles and beliefs and pursues the highest standards in business and care operations. With our campus of care model, our approach is integrative and team oriented. Our core values emphasize the relationships we hold with residents, staff, and stakeholders.
The Site Manager (Garrison Crossing) will provide leadership and general oversight within Elim’s Supported and Independent living community in Garrison Crossing, Chilliwack, BC. This position will lead and oversee the wellness, care, hospitality, and facilities services offered within the site. A key component of this role is the ongoing direction, education, and guidance to the staff, ensuring the provision of quality, safe, diverse, and coordinated programs and services within the best practice standards and guidelines of Elim Village. Regular communication and operational and financial reporting to Elim Village’s administration and senior management team in Surrey, BC is required.
The Site Manager is an essential leader within Elim and is required to have a personal commitment to preserving and advancing the Vision, Mission and Values of Elim Village. As such, the Site Manager is required to sign Elim Village’s Statement of Faith and Philosophy of Care.
- Advanced education and experience in business, operations, wellness, or care administration required. Master’s degree in related field preferred and gerontology experience preferred
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in a leadership role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good working knowledge of senior living and care industry’s best practices and regulations
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Deep desire to be a daily difference maker in the lives of older adults.
- Personal alignment with the organization’s philosophy, values, and goals.
- Advanced working knowledge of gerontology and psycho-geriatrics.
- Strong business acumen and financial understanding.
- Skill and ability to utilize effective adapted communication techniques, social and interpersonal skills with residents, staff, and others to adequately meet the needs of residents.
- Demonstrated ability to work harmoniously to develop and foster a team approach
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated clinical understanding with the ability to provide leadership to a group of professional and non-professional clinicians
- Evidence of good physical, psychological, and emotional health, and the capability to handle the demands of the role
- Competitive compensation based on relevant qualifications and experience