Therapeutic Recreation Assistant
WHO WE ARE
Elim Village is a not-for-profit organization with two developing comprehensive Christian older adult communities located in Surrey and Chilliwack, B.C. Elim Village offers a unique opportunity to be a part of a working environment that embraces Christian principles and beliefs and pursues the highest standards in business and care operations. With our campus of care model, our approach is integrative and team oriented. Our core values emphasize the relationships we hold with residents, staff and stakeholders.
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated Therapeutic Recreation Assistant. This position will carry out resident-centered activation programs and will support residents as they learn new techniques adapted to encourage participation and maintain or improve resident’s abilities.
- Completion of a recognized Therapeutic Recreation program
- Preferred two years recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience, especially with seniors
- Current First Aid/CPR
- Foodsafe certificate
- Preferred Functional Fitness Certificate or related fitness training
- Preferred specialized training for programming with individuals with dementia
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Understand the culture of the residents we serve in Full Care
- Encourage participation which maintains dignity and validates individual creativity and choice
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Interact with others effectively, with dignity and compassion
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of position
- Share knowledge and skills
- Lead and participate as an effective member of a team
- Organize work schedule, records, documentation.
- Operate related equipment
- Per contact the starting hourly rate is $25.33
- Elim Village is an equal opportunity employer. This position is subject to Union membership