WHO WE ARE
Elim Village is a not-for-profit organization with two developing comprehensive Christian older adult communities located in Surrey and Chilliwack, B.C. Elim Village offers a unique opportunity to be a part of a working environment that embraces Christian principles and beliefs and pursues the highest standards in business and care operations. With our campus of care model, our approach is integrative and team oriented. Our core values emphasize the relationships we hold with residents, staff and stakeholders.
We are looking for a Visitation Clerk who will provide excellent customer service to our visitors and shareholders in person or on the telephone. The Visitation Clerk will provide active screening of all visitors, and the portering to and from the Visitation Center of residents.
- Grade 12 high school diploma
- Preferred one-year experience within a customer service position
- Any experience within a long-term care setting is considered an asset
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Understands the culture and values of the residents we serve in Elim Village
- Works with others effectively, with dignity and compassion
- Physically able to port residents to the visitation center or visitation area
- Ability to deal with staff, residents, and families effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally
- Ability to operate wheelchairs or related equipment.
- Per contact the starting hourly rate is $21.62
- Elim Village is an equal opportunity employer. This position is subject to Union membership