WHO WE ARE
Elim Village is a not-for-profit organization with two developing comprehensive Christian older adult communities located in Surrey and Chilliwack, B.C. Elim Village offers a unique opportunity to be a part of a working environment that embraces Christian principles and beliefs and pursues the highest standards in business and care operations. With our campus of care model, our approach is integrative and team oriented. Our core values emphasize the relationships we hold with residents, staff and stakeholders.
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated Wellness Manager who will be responsible for the development and management of wellness initiatives designed to meet the physical, social, emotional, spiritual, and cultural needs and interests of residents within Elim.
Leading a team of professionals, the Wellness Manager will continue to increase resident’s participation, satisfaction, and wellbeing; as well as visibility by raising awareness of programs and activities offered within our campus of care. A holistic approach to the overall wellbeing, aimed to enhance quality of life and living for older adults, whatever stage of life they are at.
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration, or a discipline that promotes healthy living and wellness (i.e. Recreational Therapist, Kinesiology, Physiotherapy, BSN etc.)
- Four plus years’ experience in management within a service-oriented environment
- Post graduate leadership education will be considered an asset
- Computer proficient in Microsoft office, data bases and industry specific software
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Genuine passion for improving senior’s quality of life and promoting healthy living
- Sound knowledge of the policies, procedures, principles, and practices involved in the development of wellness within a campus of care
- Srong business acumen with effective leadership skills and a collaborative workstyle
- Analytical skills to research, plan and evaluate Wellness services
- Creative, innovative, and entrepreneurial, able to motivate a team towards achieving a goal
- Able to support, guide, and build strong relationships with a multidisciplinary team of expert professionals
- Charismatic, energetic, passionate, and genuine. Able to create and maintain meaningful relationships
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills
- Demonstrated ability to assist clients, family members or other stakeholders with concern and empathy, respecting their confidentiality and privacy and communicating in a courteous and respectful manner
- Competitive compensation based on relevant qualifications and experience