The coronavirus, or COVID-19, is impacting each of our lives. It is a difficult time. We want you to know that our highest priority is the health and safety of our residents.
We continue to be actively engaged with the Ministry of Health to stay apprised of new information and to adapt as required.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below you will find answers to Frequently Asked Questions. Last Update: March 25, 2021
- Yes, we are! You are welcome to stop by our Presentation Centre and tour our show suite in The Douglas anytime Monday through Friday, 8:30 – 4:30pm. COVID-19 safety protocols are in place for tours, which includes pre-screening for temperature, using hand sanitizer, practicing physical distancing, and wearing masks. If possible, please call ahead to let us know you are coming. Our number is 604.769-0022.
A maximum of three visitors may participate in a tour of Elim Village Garrison Crossing.
Yes, you are welcome to visit the show suite. Visitors are screened prior to visiting the show suite (temperature is taken, and visitors must complete a COVID-19 questionnaire) and are required to follow COVID-19 safety protocols (using hand sanitizer, wearing a mask, and avoiding touching any surfaces).
Yes, we are! Construction of “The Hawthorn” is well underway and completion is anticipated late 2021, or early 2022. To learn more, visit The Hawthorn web page.
- The provincial government is now in Phase 2 of the COVID-19 vaccination roll-out, which includes providing vaccination to the general public on a priority basis. Many of Elim’s Garrison Crossing residents have already received their first dose through community clinics.
- A new health order came into effect December 4th related to private residences. This order states no household is allowed social visits at this time. Professional services provided by Elim such as maintenance services are still permitted to enter a residence, as well as a family member who acts as a caregiver.
- There is an exception for those who live alone. If you live alone, you can have up to two visitors in your home (social visits) as long as they are part of your pandemic bubble – people you regularly interact with. You cannot have these two people over at the same time if they are not part of each other’s pandemic bubble.
- All British Columbians must also now wear a mask in indoor public spaces, which includes the hallways of our buildings.
- Every British Columbian must limit the number of people they have regular contact with and are physically close with, and this small group of people is your “pandemic bubble” or your “core bubble”.
- For some, this bubble may be a household of six living together, but for a single person, this bubble may include a family member or friend.
At this time, Elim is recommending incoming residents hire an external moving company to limit both the number of people involved with a move and the duration of the move. To learn more, contact staff at the Presentation Staff by calling 604-769-0022 or by emailing email@example.com.
Elim’s Management of COVID-19
Elim’s COVID-19 Safety Plan
This COVID-19 Safety Plan is in place for workers of Elim’s Garrison Crossing and Fleetwood campuses. Some aspects of the plan are specific to Fleetwood where Assisted Living and Full Care services exist.
Click on the image to be re-directed to the COVID-19 Safety Plan (PDF, 798KB).