The coronavirus, or COVID-19, is impacting each of our lives. It is a difficult time. We want you to know that our highest priority is the health and safety of our residents.
We continue to be actively engaged with the Ministry of Health to stay apprised of new information and to adapt as required.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below you will find answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
- Independent Living residents can generate a BC Vaccine Card through the provincial government’s website. They will need to enter their Personal Health Number, Date of Birth, and the Date of Vaccine for either their first or second dose.
- As residents independently sought vaccination, they should consult the paper immunization record provided to them at the time of their appointment to learn their Date of Vaccine. If a resident cannot locate their immunization record, they can call 1-833-838-2323.
- We actively tour the property for those interested and tour vacant units for prospective residents as they come available. Stop by our Presentation Centre anytime Monday through Friday, 8:30 – 4:30pm, or Saturday 11am – 4pm to learn more about Elim and our housing options.
- COVID-19 safety protocols are in place for unit tours, including pre-screening for temperature, using hand sanitizer, practicing physical distancing, and wearing masks.
A maximum of three visitors may participate in a unit tour at Elim Village Garrison Crossing.
- You are free to visit your family member / friend in Independent Living. Please contact your family member / friend directly to discuss their comfort level with the easing restrictions.
At this time, Elim is recommending incoming residents hire an external moving company to limit both the number of people involved with a move and the duration of the move. To learn more, contact staff at the Presentation Centre by calling 604-769-0022 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Elim’s Management of COVID-19
Elim’s COVID-19 Safety Plan
This COVID-19 Safety Plan is in place for workers of Elim’s Garrison Crossing and Fleetwood campuses. Some aspects of the plan are specific to Fleetwood where Assisted Living and Full Care services exist.
Click on the image to be re-directed to the COVID-19 Safety Plan (PDF, 798KB).