Systems Application Administrator
Who We Are
Elim Village operates two exceptional aging in place communities for older adults. Our retirement villages are located in Surrey and Chilliwack, B.C., where over 1,000 seniors call Elim Village ‘home’. We’re looking for new talent to join us as we continue to be at the leading edge of seniors living. We offer a unique opportunity to be part of a not-for-profit organization founded on Christian principles and beliefs, which pursues the highest standards of professionalism. Join our diverse team of more than 500 employees in making a daily difference in the lives of residents.
The Systems Application Administrator will support the administration of various technical applications across the organization, including the Yardi Senior Living property management ERP system. Reporting to the Senior Executive Assistant and Project Specialist, the Systems Application Administrator is responsible to maintain, troubleshoot, protect system integrity, support user lifecycles, and participate in quality improvement or system enhancement initiatives for various technical applications across the organization.
- A post-secondary degree in computer science or business administration specializing in information technology or data science is required
- 2-years experience with Yardi or in similar role of maintaining the backend of a Cloud-based ERP system or related technology is preferred
- Previous experience in a business environment and/or the seniors living industry
- Expertise in Microsoft 365 (Teams, OneDrive, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and familiarity with project management and accounting software
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate an understanding and respect for the mission, principles, and objectives of Elim Village.
- Must be analytical and methodical with strong attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Demonstrate a capacity for leading within a team environment as well as completing tasks independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to naturally navigate various systems and problem solve.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain technical application/product concepts and structures to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to understand and support the organization’s operational objectives and requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to relate to the needs of seniors and to work with a variety of staff with varying application (IT) experience.
- Ability to effectively prioritize workflow and deal with confidential information.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of ELIM’s Yardi ERP system.
- Support the backend administration of the Yardi ERP system, specifically configuration, upgrades, user security and troubleshooting.
- Manage user accounts and support the onboarding of new users across multiple disciplines.
- Monitor data accuracy, transition times and follow up with users as required.
- Perform data entry and functionality testing as requested.
- Triage internal helpdesk support for all users across multiple applications. Conduct initial troubleshooting as required.
- Support the training of staff from across multiple departments on various applications and assist with the development of staff training materials.
- Support the Senior Executive Assistant and Project Specialist with future implementations, system enhancements and organizational workflows.
- Promote and ensure security compliance with legislation, contracts, and company policies.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of various organizational applications (POS system, access controls, nurse call systems).
- Provide general IT support as directed or required.
- Other duties shall be assigned as required.
- This is a full-time position
- $60,146.00 to $68,050.00 annually
- Competitive compensation based on relevant qualifications and experience