Did you know that Elim Village has a charitable arm called the Elim Foundation, and one aspect of the Foundation is to award scholarship money each year?
Elim Village is committed to supporting individuals in their pursuit of higher learning through post-secondary education. To demonstrate this support, the Elim Foundation Education Scholarship program (EFES) supports individuals in their efforts to upgrade and improve their education with the goal of expanding their careers within the Senior Living and Care Industry.
Below is information about this scholarship opportunity and contact details for interested applicants.
This scholarship is merit-based and will be awarded to individuals that have demonstrated outstanding community involvement related to Senior Living and Care and have shown a strong desire to further their career/s by pursuing additional education. The minimum amount awarded annually will be no less than $250.00 and up to a maximum of $5,000.00.
- Individuals currently working and/or volunteering within the Senior Living and Care Industry. Two years’ experience in this field is preferable.
- Applicants must be actively working and/or volunteering during the duration of the course(s) for which they received funding.
- The program of choice must relate to skill development in your current capacity and/or be related to the Senior Living and Care Industry.
- Proof of the value of tuition is required. The amount of the tuition must equal or exceed what you’re applying for. The scholarship cannot exceed the amount of tuition.
- Successful completion of courses taken in the academic year shall be required to maintain ongoing eligibility in the EFES program. A grade of 75% or better is required for each course. Failure to meet the minimum grade requirements could result in disqualification from further funding under the EFES program.
- Elim Village requires the submission of official transcripts and proof of payment upon successful completion of course(s) prior to consideration of future scholarship(s).
- Ongoing demonstration of character qualities that align with Elim’s Mission is imperative for the recipient to maintain their scholarship. Failure to do so could result in the withdrawal of Scholarship funds (at the discretion of the EFES committee)
- The Elim Foundation Education Scholarship is awarded to an individual who demonstrates exemplary character, commitment to ongoing education, and involvement in the Senior Living and Care Industry.
- All applicants will be evaluated based on the criteria below. Examples are provided, but not limited to the following:
- Demonstrating respect, integrity, and honesty always.
- Professional and personal behaviors and actions being consistent with Elim’s Mission
Commitment to ongoing education
- Actively attends education sessions, conferences and/or learning experiences outside of the workplace.
- Utilizes opportunities at work or personal life to expand knowledge.
- Assists within the community to improve daily living for seniors.
- Involvement in extracurricular activities related to the Senior Living and Care Industry.
Scholarships are awarded based on several factors which may include financial need, academic achievement, applicant eligibility, and information contained in the application form.
Selection(s) is/are made at the sole discretion of the Elim Foundation Education Scholarship Committee.
For more information on this scholarship opportunity, or to receive an application form, contact Amrit Gill, Education Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
The application deadline is June 30, 2022.