Updated as of June 1, 2020
Updated as of April 21, 2020
OUTBREAK DECLARED OVER
We received news today from the Fraser Health Authority that the outbreak at the Harrison has been declared over! After having one confirmed case of COVID-19 (staff member March 26) there have been no additional cases in either staff or residents at Elim Village.
A huge congratulations to the entire team for their diligence, patience and focused efforts during this time! Thank you for all the kind messages we have received and your ongoing support as we continue to provide the best care possible to the residents in these very trying circumstances.
FAQ’s related to COVID-19 at Elim Village
When will I be able to visit my parent who lives in the Harrison?
- Visits to our Full Care (Harrison and or Harrison West) and Assisted Living Care (The Emerald) are not permitted at this time. Elim receives its direction from our Provincial Health Office; all Long Term Care (Full Care) and Assisted Living facilities are under the same instruction.
My parent lives independently at Elim Village. Can I visit with them?
- We know that the COVID-19 presents a significant risk to the health and well-being of residents. With this in mind and out of respect for ALL residents living at Elim Village our position is that no outside persons aside from Emergency Responders, Care Professionals or select Elim staff (these individuals are subject to a daily screening regime) should be entering the Independent Living buildings.
How do I get groceries or other essential items to my parent living in Independent Living?
- With the exception of our duplex units, all Independent buildings have a double door entry set up. Items can be dropped off in the inner foyer of the building. We suggest arranging a time with your family member and drop the item/s off inside the exterior main entry door. We ask that you then step outside while the items are being picked up.
If my parent needs care, how can I help them if I cannot go in the building?
- In an emergency, 911 should be contacted first as they have access to our buildings.
- If you are wishing to arrange personal care services for your parent, you can contact our Manager of Care at 604-584-7587 ext. 2024 and we will work together to best accommodate your parents’ care needs.
Can I order groceries or meals for my parent living in Independent Living?
- You can arrange meal delivery and or groceries by contacting our Community Life representative. Hannah can help you arrange daily or weekly meals as well as grocery items. Kindly call 604-584-7587 ext 2000.
Updated as of April 16, 2020
Updated as of April 6, 2020
Full Care Resident Care Package Program
We would be happy to make your loved ones day a bit brighter with the delivery of a care package from home. We are able to handle a single package per resident on a weekly basis and ask that it be no larger than a medium sized bag. It is important that you follow the below guidelines of permissible content:
- Only nonperishable store packaged food items (no homemade baking or cooked items)
- Personal items i.e. toiletries (new and unopened)
- Books, letters, photos, games, etc.
- Clothing, new or laundered
Packages can be dropped off at the designated table in The Harrison reception area. Please CLICK HERE and print off the form and affix to the package.
For infection control, the package will be safely isolated in storage for 7 days prior to delivery.
Updated April 3, 2020
Updated as of March 27, 2020
A staff member in The Harrison building has been diagnosed with COVID-19. This individual is at home in isolation. Any residents, family and staff who have been identified as at risk for potential exposure have been notified.
As always, the health and safety of all our residents and staff is our top priority. Over the course of the last couple of weeks as this rapidly evolving COVID-19 global pandemic has unfolded, we have worked diligently to uphold the highest levels of care for our residents and protect our staff. This included the implementation of several protocols:
- Onsite Senior Management 7 days/week
- Essential visitors only
- Active screening of all essential visitors
- Active screening of all employees, volunteers and contractors – including two screenings for all care staff per shift
- Restricted movement of residents and staff throughout the facility and entire village
- Increased cleaning, sanitizing and infection control procedures
- Utilization of one point of entry for access to our Full Care buildings
- Proper social distancing for all group gatherings
- Frequent communication and updates provided to our Board of Directors, residents and families, and our staff\
At this time we are working directly with the Fraser Health Authority and the Communicable Disease Control team to ensure additional protocols and precautions are being taken to minimize the spread of this virus.
Our community is strong. Through prayer and the support of one another, we will get through this together.
Elim Village Management
Updated as of March 20 2020:
Elim Village is actively engaged with the Health Ministry and Fraser Health in this fluid and evolving issue. We are diligently working on an internal basis to ensure that we are putting appropriate measures in place and regularly communicating with residents, staff and others connected to Elim Village as we respond to this situation.
To keep our residents, families and staff safe, and in keeping with Fraser Health directives:
For BOTH Assisting living (The Emerald) and Full Care (Harrison and Harrison West)
- NO VISITORS at this time.
- Exceptions may be made for one essential, adult visitor – who passes screening – to visit residents who are actively dying.
Thank-you for your attention to this matter.
Updates to this information will be provided as they become available.