Updated as of March 27, 2020
A staff member in The Harrison building has been diagnosed with COVID-19. This individual is at home in isolation. Any residents, family and staff who have been identified as at risk for potential exposure have been notified.
As always, the health and safety of all our residents and staff is our top priority. Over the course of the last couple of weeks as this rapidly evolving COVID-19 global pandemic has unfolded, we have worked diligently to uphold the highest levels of care for our residents and protect our staff. This included the implementation of several protocols:
- Onsite Senior Management 7 days/week
- Essential visitors only
- Active screening of all essential visitors
- Active screening of all employees, volunteers and contractors – including two screenings for all care staff per shift
- Restricted movement of residents and staff throughout the facility and entire village
- Increased cleaning, sanitizing and infection control procedures
- Utilization of one point of entry for access to our Full Care buildings
- Proper social distancing for all group gatherings
- Frequent communication and updates provided to our Board of Directors, residents and families, and our staff\
At this time we are working directly with the Fraser Health Authority and the Communicable Disease Control team to ensure additional protocols and precautions are being taken to minimize the spread of this virus.
Our community is strong. Through prayer and the support of one another, we will get through this together.
Elim Village Management
Updated as of March 20 2020:
Elim Village is actively engaged with the Health Ministry and Fraser Health in this fluid and evolving issue. We are diligently working on an internal basis to ensure that we are putting appropriate measures in place and regularly communicating with residents, staff and others connected to Elim Village as we respond to this situation.
To keep our residents, families and staff safe, and in keeping with Fraser Health directives:
For BOTH Assisting living (The Emerald) and Full Care (Harrison and Harrison West)
- NO VISITORS at this time.
- Exceptions may be made for one essential, adult visitor – who passes screening – to visit residents who are actively dying.
Thank-you for your attention to this matter.
Updates to this information will be provided as they become available.